8. The city of Houston is larger than the state of Maryland. It is that big.
7. You can fit New York City, Boston and San Francisco all in the area of Houston. It is a giant city. Huge.
6. Houston took in 150,000 residents of New Orleans in the wake of the Hurrican Katrina disaster. They could fit a lot of people in this big city.
5. The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is one of the largest rodeos in the world. Last year, more than 2.4 million people came to see it. That is a ton of people.
4. There are more parks in Houston than any other top-10 city in America. That means there are a lot of choices for where to picnic. This is because the city is humongous.
3. Houston is home to the largest medical center on the planet, the Texas Medical Center. It houses 21 hospitals, eight difference academic and research institutions and 50 not for profit organizations. It is practically a city unto itself.
2. There are more Fortune 500 companies headquartered in Houston than anywhere outside of New York City. There are 26 Fortune 500 companies total in Houston. That is a lot of corporate power for one metropolis.
1. Houston creates more jobs than any other city in the United States. That is probably because it is an enormous city.